Coming 2 America

Coming to a TV near you!

Aniyah Braithwite, Staff Writer

Get ready world, Coming 2 America is coming out soon! We have been waiting so many years for the new movie to come out and now it’s finally here! On March 5, 2021 the anticipated sequel is scheduled for release. The movie will be released on Amazon Prime Video app and through your cable TV provider. This movie is going to be an enjoyable and family friendly movie. So gather your friends, family, and favorite movie snacks because this is one you don’t want to miss! Coming 2 America is about Prince Akeem Joffer and him becoming king of Zamunda until he discovers he has a son in New York so he goes on a journey to America to find his son. 

Coming 2 America is having new and old cast members so get excited! Get ready to see the original and the new upcoming talent. The following cast for this movie will include Eddie Murphy, Shari Headley, James Earl Jones, Arsenio Hall, Wesley Snipes, John Amos, Lesile Jones, Kiki Layne, Rotimi, Garcelle Beauvais, Michael Blackson, Jermaine Fowler, Davido, Tracy Morgan, Vanessa Bell Calloway, Teyana Taylor, Rick Ross, Paul Bates, Louie Anderson, Madge Sinclair, Eriq La Salle, Samuel L. Jackson, Frankie Faison, and so many more wonderful actresses and actors. Coming 2 America is going to be very interesting and different from the original film because both of the movies have different points of views.

I wanted to ask my peers questions about the movie and to get their opinions on the upcoming film. The students I interviewed at Bethel High School are Ninah Patterson in her junior year, Alysa Pierce in her senior year, and Hapte Rainey also in her senior year. The first question I asked was, Would you watch Coming 2 America? If so explain why or why not? The first response I had was from Ninah Patterson and she said “I never saw Coming 2 America so I  wouldn’t know”, Alysa Pierce said “Yes I’ve seen the first movie before and I loved how they are making a second movie”, and Hapte Rainey said “Yes I am excited to see another amazing black film in the making”. The second question I asked was: Would you have wanted to see movie theaters or the Amazon Prime Video? Ninah Patterson’s response was “I’d rather see the movie in the theaters”, Alysa Pierce’s response also was “movie theaters”, and Hapte Rainey also agreed on seeing the movie in the theaters because, “It’s a different experience and I love the audience and the snacks, popcorn, and food”. My third question was, Do you think Coming 2 America will be better than the first Coming to America, explain why or why not? Ninah Patterson said she wouldn’t know because “I never saw the original Coming to America”, Alysa Pierce said no because “nothing can out-beat the original”, and Hapte Rainey agreed that it would not because “the original movie was always better than the first”. My fourth question is, What are you anticipating most about the movie? Ninah Patterson said “she didn’t really know since she hasn’t seen the movie”, Alysa Pierce said she “is very excited to see the same two main characters back on the screen together and it was no need to recast in her opinion”, and Hapte Rainey said “She is anticipating the actors coming back as recurring characters and the plot to the movie being interesting”. Now with all this information and opinions we get a better understanding of what the audience is saying and expecting about Coming 2 America. I can’t wait for everyone to see this amazing film, I definitely will be tuning in!