Overwhelmed Student

Giving The Bear Facts, Advice Columnist

Dear Bear Facts,

I used to be an A/B student but since COVID happened my grades are in the dumps. Please help me get back on track, I thought this would be over by now and it feels like virtual learning may never end.

Sincerely,

Overwhelmed Student

Dear Overwhelmed Student,

since quarantine and having to be in virtual school, school has been tough on a lot of students. Students start to feel like school is an option and they start to procrastinate. Also with virtual learning work is giving to students way more frequently than it was when we were in person. Doing virtual can be tough because now you’re getting a lot of assignments everyday from all of your teachers throughout the week. And the deadline can be scary especially if you procrastinate. A lot of students are feeling the exact same way that you are so it’s fine to feel the way you do. My advice for you is to start with the assignments with the closest due dates first. The assignments that are due in a couple days, or tomorrow, whichever is closest and just work your way up from closest to being due to farthest from being due. But with this it can be tiring and you no one wants to be doing homework all day so I suggest doing work that’s due in the 1 to 3 day range first and leave the rest so so you’re not overwhelmed. Then when the other assignments start to come into the 1-3 day range do those assignments. This can help create less stress and so you don’t overwork yourself. For projects, I say do them whenever you have free time. Like right after school so that you can knock it out. You can dedicate a full day to only just the project so you’re not pressured with doing other assignments.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Bethel Bear Facts.